Step 1 | Submit Completed Application with the following documents:
- Department Application
- Copy of current, valid Drivers License
- 3 Year Drivers Abstract
- Proof of Successful Completion of a Physical Agility Test
- Applicants are responsible for cost.
- Accepted exams are the Candidate Physical Abilities Test (CPAT) or Exercise Science Center. Once you schedule and pass one of the following tests you will submit the form given to you showing you’ve passed. For more information go to the following links:
Step 2 | Complete applications will be reviewed and selected applicants will be called in for the following:
- Written Exam
- Multiple choice test the will evaluate your ability to read, understand and retain written material.
- Oral Board
- A formal interview with individual applicants sitting on a board made up of three different ranking members from Firefighter to Battalion Chief.
- Chiefs Interview – Must pass written test and oral board.
- Upon successful completion of written test and oral board, applicant will sit down with a Chief for a less formal interview.
Applicants who complete and pass all of the above will be given a conditional offer pending a criminal background check and medical evaluation.